Saturday 21 June 2014

What I've Been Up to: Pet Sitting


You may have seen in my other posts that I have done some pet sitting before, if not, I looked after a hamster called Steve. However, this time round I looked after my Nan and Grandad's dog whilst they took a weeks holiday in the Isle of Man. My Nan and Grandad agreed to pay me the same amount that they would usually pay the kennels to look after their dog to put towards my expedition (about £50). Regarding that I took the dog for two walks a day (one in the morning and one in the evening) and gave it food and water obviously! 



Not owning a dog myself, I've realised how much hard work owning a dog actually is! The dog is so strong it ends up taking me for a walk rather than me taking the dog for a walk. He constantly wants to play tug-of-war or eat your food; with those puppy-dog-eyes, it's hard to say 'no!'. I still have the dog with me until Tuesday evening when my Nan returns - I'll be glad I don't have to get up at 6:00am to take him for a walk!


Fundraiser:

If you have any relatives that are thinking of going away on holiday who have pets, ask them if you can look after them instead of them leaving their pets in kennels/catteries in exchange for a donation towards your trip.



In the meantime until my next blogpost, here is a silly photo of me, standing in a field, in a ridiculous pose.


Happy fundraising! 


x

No comments:

Post a Comment